“Man fully alive is the glory of God.” St. Irenaeus
-Watch The Incredibles. Pay close attention to your reaction to the characters and story. Listen and watch for where your heart is stirred.
1. What struck you about The Incredibles? What scene was your favorite or had the biggest emotional response in you? Why do you think that is? What happened in the scene? Is there someone/something you relate to?
2. How did each of the four main characters feel about their powers early in the movie?
3. Which character do you connect or identify with the most? Why do you think that is?
4. How did that character’s feelings about having powers change at the end of the movie?
-The Incredibles is a about embracing our gifts, strengths, and passions. God created each of us for a purpose, and he has given us what we need to accomplish that purpose. We don’t need to be ashamed of or hide our gifts, strengths, and passions. He has given them to us so that we can use them, not for our own selfish purposes, but for his purpose.
5. What are your strengths? If you were a super, what real strength of yours would set you apart?
-If you have trouble identifying your strengths there are some great resources below.
Myers-Briggs Personality Assessment
Strengthsfinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
What You Do Best in the Body of Christ by Bruce Bugbee
Ask a friend who really knows you what strengths he/she sees in you.
6. How do you feel about your strengths? What do you think about them?
7. How might you more fully embrace the strengths God has given you?
8.What are you passionate about? What motivates or gets you excited?
-If you have trouble identifying your passions below are some resources.
http://www.spirithome.com/passion.html is an assessment that can be helpful.
http://www.zoweh.com/docs/Rich%20Uncle%20Exercise.pdf is an exercise that can help identify passions. The type of organization you give the money to and participate in reveals something about your passions.
9.How can your strengths and passions work in harmony in your life today?
10. What would it look like for you to live a life today where your strengths and passions are fully embraced and put into action?
11. What are some things you could do right now to live more deeply out of the strengths and passions God has given you?